Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chocolate Truffles

My friend and coworker, Valerie, celebrated her big 3-0 birthday this past Thursday.  She and her husband have invited Patrick and I over for dinner tonight, and I wanted to bring a little gift for her.  She's a full-fledged chocoholic, and I'd been wanting to try out Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Truffles with Sea Salt for months, so this seemed like a good combination!


The truffles are pretty tasty, if I do say so myself, although I'm waiting for Patrick to get home from work today to submit his official opinion as well.  This recipe gave me the chance to use up some Ghirardelli chocolate bars that have seen more apartments (and more states) than they probably should have.  About 1/3 of the truffles are coated in white chocolate with sprinkles, another 1/3 are milk chocolate with sprinkles, and the last 1/3 are milk chocolate with sea salt.  Interesting combination - I'm a fan - although I'm sure Patrick won't like those.  I picked up the cello bag at a card store earlier today, and turned one of our (many) leftover  #10 backings from Paper Source (trimmed down) to make a gift tag.  I attached the paisley paper using sticky zots, and decorated it with my Happy Birthday stamp.

Happy Birthday Valerie!!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment