Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Project - Golden Anniversary Party Invitations



This coming June, my parents will be married for 50 years!!  Quite an accomplishment, and we'll be having a party in May to celebrate.

Originally, I thought I would "take it easy on myself" and order invitations (I really like the ones at Wedding Paper Divas), but after giving it some more thought I decided I would do them myself!

I spent some time aimlessly wandering around Paper Source yesterday (the ladies that work there are starting to recognize me as a regular), and after perusing the sale items, I noticed that all the shimmery gold paper products were on sale!  Bonus!  Here's what all I came home with:

- one 10-pack of  paper in Shimmer Gold
- one 10-pack of paper in Luxe Fino Cream
- two packs of 25 - 4.25" x 5.5" (size A2) cards in Gold (sale!)
- two packs of 25 - 5" x 7" (size A7) cards in Gold (sale!)
- one pack of 25 - 5.5" x 8.5" (size A9) cards in Gold (sale!)
- one pack of 10 - size A2 envelopes in Luxe Fino Cream
- one bracket stamp
- one "love note" stamp
- stamp pad in pearlescent chocolate



I had some ideas on what to do with all of it by the time I left the store, but my ideas solidified this morning when I had a chance to sit down and put my paws on all of it.  I came up with two versions that I really like - which one do you prefer?  The version with the ivory paper on top, or the one with the shimmery gold paper on top?



(click on the image to see a larger photo)

I'm planning on printing the wording myself. I like the bracket towards the top of the page, and I'll print a big 50 to go right in the middle of it.  Underneath that we'll have details -- golden anniversary party for A&E, and the facility, on the date, at the time, and no gifts please.  

I'm so excited and honored to be able to plan this party for my parents, and to do the invitations!  Thanks Mom & Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment